September 15, 2008

Nutella Biscotti

I first started making biscotti when I found this recipe, http://www.recipezaar.com/90003, which I fell in love with. The person who posted this recipe mentioned she had found in the Cooking Light November 2000 issue, so I decided to look it up and found this recipe, http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=394637, which is very similar. This recipe produced such a perfect crunchy/slightly chewy texture with a great flavor that I use it as a base every time I make a different variation of biscotti. I've used this recipe to make almond biscotti, butterscotch biscotti, chocolate biscotti and even tried the sinckerdoodle biscotti version as well. Recently I fell upon this recipe, http://bakingbites.com/2005/06/nutella-biscotti/, and decided it has been too long since I last made biscotti. I decided to stick to my base recipe and added the variations needed to produce a similar biscotti that I found on bakingbites. The biscotti turned out perfect yet again, they had a great chocolate flavor, although I didn't taste much of the nutella flavor but I would defiantly make them again.






















Nutella Biscotti


2 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1/2 Cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Large eggs
1/2 Cup Nutella

1) Preheat oven to 350F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
2) In medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa, and chips, then set aside
3) In a large bowl mix together with wooden spoon oil, vanilla, eggs, and Nutella until combined
4) Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until combined (mixture won't completely combine in bowl and will look dry and crumbly)
5) Pour mixture onto floured surface and knead 7 or 8 times until mixture comes together
6) Divide dough in half and shape into flat, round logs 8in long and 1in thick
7) Place logs on cookie sheet and bake for 35min, then remove from pan and cool on wire racks for 10min
8) Then cut logs diagonally into 1/2in slices and lay them flat down on cut edge and place on cookie sheet again
9) Bake for 10min then flip and bake for another 10min
10) Let cool on rack (will appear soft but will harden as they cool), then enjoy!

No comments: