September 16, 2008

Fudge Day

I've been meaning to go and buy a candy thermometer lately so I cant try a bunch of recipes I've found but just haven't got around to it. So, in the meantime I found a quick and easy simple fudge recipe from my Better Homes and Garden cookbook that I thought I would try. I made two different versions (I posted both versions below) because I couldn't make up my mind which type I would prefer. I made chocolate fudge first, following the recipe in the BHG cookbook, then second I made a cookies and cream fudge based on this recipe, http://www.recipezaar.com/16311, but still semi-followed the BHG recipe. Although the cookies and cream recipe produced more fudge, both fudge recipes turned out good. They were sweet, chewy, and not too soft but I still can't decide which type of fudge I prefer because their both so addicting.

















Chocolate Fudge

1 1/2 Cups sugar
2/3 Cups evaporated milk
1/2 Cup butter
2 Cups mini marshmallows
2 Ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/2 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cookies and Cream Fudge

2 1/2 Cups sugar
3/4 Cups butter
2/3 Cups evaporated milk
2 Cups white chocolate chips
2 Cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
1 Cup crushed Oreo's

(Follow these instructions for both fudge recipes)
1) Line an 8in square pan with foil and spray with Pam
2) In a large greased saucepan melt sugar, butter, and milk over medium-high heat until mixture boils, stirring occasionally
3) Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and stir mixture constantly for 5min
4) Remove mixture from heat and stir in chocolate, marshmallows, and vanilla until combined
5) Continue stirring for 1 min (then add Oreo's for cookies and cream fudge)
6) Pour evenly into greased pan, then cover and chill in fridge for 3-4 hours
7) One hardened cut into pieces and enjoy! (can be stored in fridge for up to 1 month)

1 comment: