September 14, 2008

Cinnamon Flop Cake

I found this recipe for cinnamon flop cake (which is also called cinnamon brunch cake) on RecipeZaar at http://www.recipezaar.com/77397. I was drawn to it because of all the rave reviews and easyness of it, so I decided to make it. I admit the cake was super fast and easy to make but it just didn't have quite the texture I was hoping for (Maybe I mixed it too much, or not enough, or didn't add enough toppings?). It was a bit on the dry side and it wasn't as fluffy as I would have preferred for a light brunch cake, but it still had a really nice cinnamon and brown sugar flavor combination. The only changes I made to it was to add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to help the cake flavor complement the topping flavor. I'm still puzzled why it is called a "flop" cake (maybe because you just "flop" all the ingredients together into one bowl?) but try it for yourselves and see if you like it!


No comments: