September 10, 2008

Banana Day

I had so many frozen banana's in my freezer that it was getting a little too ridiculous so I decided to finally use them once and for all and have a banana day! I made a Toffee Banana Bread and Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, both using the same recipe but with different moderation's. I got the original recipe from http://www.bhg.com/recipe/breads/banana-bread/, which was different than the recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. The recipe called for two 8in loaf pans but I only had one, so I used the remaining batter to make my muffins and cooked both recipes in the oven at the same time. I find that the riper (blacker) the banana's you use, the better banana flavor you will get in your baking.
















For the Toffee Banana Bread, I poured 1 Cup of the batter into my greased 8*4*2in loaf pan, then added about 1/2 Cup of toffee bits evenly over the batter. Then I poured another 1 Cup of batter on top of toffee bits, then added 1/4 Cup of toffee bits and 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts on top of that. I baked the loaf for 40min at 350F (along side with the muffins).


For the Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, I folded in 1/3 Cup mini chocolate chips into the remaining batter left over from the loaf. Then filled my lined muffin tins using a 1/4 Cup measure as a guide. I baked the muffins for 30min at 350F (along side with the loaf).

No comments: